Who am I?
I’m a writer and editor living in New York City (no, this is not the setup of a groundbreaking new TV show that gets a lot of buzz but ultimately gets cancelled 13 episodes in). I have an M.A. in journalism, and I’ve written everything from magazine features and front-page articles to blog posts, social media copy and "About Us" pages.
These days I work at the inspirational publishing company Guideposts, where I'm the managing editor of Mysterious Ways magazine and a senior editor of Guideposts magazine. In addition to writing/editing/pitching stories, I also manage the Guideposts.org blog Lunch-Break Miracles, star in the occasional crafts video and wage a constant battle with my sticky notes for control of my desk.
- I'm currently a Managing Editor and Blogger at Guideposts
- In my spare time, I teach writing for Mediabistro
- I also freelance web, blog and social media content for innovative brands and startups like Jet.com, Nanit, Bundle Organics, Shutterstock, ZippySack and Playdin
- I've written for Diapers.com, Casa.com, Wag.com, Yoyo.com, Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, The Jewish Exponent, Quest Magazine and The Journal News
- I have an M.A. in journalism from NYU, an M.A. in social studies from Columbia's Teachers College and a B.A. in history from Cornell...all in my quest to attend every school New York State has to offer. SUNY Purchase, you're next!
- I won a HomeEc award in 8th grade. My cooking skills today? Highly suspect, dangerous and a little bit sad.
But wait, dear friend. There's more...
Check out my blog on Guideposts.org -- it's sure to add a little pep to your step. Or at least the feeling of a pebble in your shoe.