Often in this journey of life, one question can really change the course of your earth adventure. I have one such life-altering question... if you were stuck on a dessert island and you could only bring 5 Essie* nail polishes with you, which would they be? With some thought, here are mine. Please keep in mind that these colors may expire by the time my inevitable time on the island arrives.
1) Bahama Mama - Could this berry hue be the mother of all Essie colors? I dunno, but it sure looks good with hummus-colored Turkish skin tones. Anddddd, this mama may be stranded on the Bahamas, so this color could be a funny little inside joke I share with the locals once I finally find them in season 4 finale.
2) Angel Food - Now, assuming that at some point on the island I've taken on a leadership role (think: a kinder Benjamin Linus**), I'll need a professional, this-means-business polish for all my daily meetings with the executive board (a.k.a. a lobster I've befriended, but who totally wants control of the island - I mean please! Who does he think he is? It'll take a lot of coconut bribes for that to happen, buddy!).
3) Clambake - This color just says "summer" to me (it's always summer on the island, of course). It just brings to mind straw hats and Old Navy flip flops and the smell of sunscreen and the 10:22 am express train to Long Beach, NY.
4) Playdate - This pretty, purple-y color is soft, yet a little bit punchy at the same time. A great winter-to-spring transition color in real life. And a great cave-to-sea-to-hut color on the island.
5) Where's My Chauffeur? - It's a cross between Robin egg blue and Tiffany blue. It's a color that truly pops and would look great with a tan and flat, gold sandals... assuming I'm not barefoot and shoe-less, after having traded my shiny sandals for an aloe plant on the island.
*All colors shown are from essie.com!
**PS: At some point, I'll explain in greater detail my love of making references to LOST, the TV show.